In this how-to, I'm going to show you how to connect to a VPN on your Mac.
1. Click on the Apple menu (top left corner of your screen) and select System Preferences.
2. From System Preferences, click on Network
3. Click on the padlock, and when prompted enter an Administrator username and password.
4. The + symbol at the bottom of the network list will now be activated. Click on it. You'll see the following popup.
5. From the dropdown list, choose VPN.
6. When prompted, select "L2TP over IPSec" from the interface type dropdown, and ensure there is a checkmark next to it.
7. Click "Create"
You'll see the following window -
8. Enter the Server IP address or fully qualified domain name , and your VPN username (please contact us if you require this information).
9. Click on Authentication Settings. You'll see the following window:
10. Enter your VPN password and shared secret. Click OK. You'll be back at the following window.
11. Click Advanced. You'll see the following window.
12. Ensure "Send all traffic over VPN connection is checked. Click OK.
13. You'll again return to the following window.
14. Click "Apply".
15. Click "Connect". If your settings are correct, you should connect to your VPN and the "Status" will change to "Connected".