If you'd like to sync your colleagues' (or family members') google calendars to your iOS device, you must do the following. This article originally appeared in: https://gsuitetips.com/tips/calendar/sync-shared-google-calendars-to-your-ios-device/
Use a CalDAV account to sync all your Google Apps shared calendars on your iPhone or iPad.
If you have a work phone connected to your Google Apps for Business account, using the standard Microsoft Exchange account sync, your primary calendar is the only calendar that will be synced to your iPhone or iPad. If you want to see any colleagues calendars that are shared with you, you can add them using the following CalDAV setup.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select Add Account and choose Google from the menu.
- Fill in the required details for your Google Apps account and add a useful description eg "Your Company Calendars" - click Next.
- Choose just to sync Calendar* from the list and save the account.
- Once added your main calendar should appear under your iPhone or iPad Calendar app, if you click on the Calendars button in the top left (or bottom middle in ios7) you will see a list of your subscribed calendars - if you chose a good description in the second step above, you 'll be able to see exactly which calendar you have just set up. In all likelihood there will still only be your primary calendar listed.
- To sync your shared calendars, head to this link on your PC, whilst logged in to your Google Apps account: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and select which calendars to sync - click Save. You can also visit this link from your iPhone to manage your calendar sync.
- Now refresh your iPhone Calendar list and your shared calendars should appear under the new account you set up.
If you already have an account on your iPhone set up using the Gmail method - you can find this out by going to Settings -> Calendars on your iPhone and selecting your account, the details page will have Gmail at the top - you can add shared calendars simply by visiting the link in step 5.
Note:If you are using 2 step authentication you will need to create an application specific password to set up a new CalDAV account.
Article is closed for comments.