2. Choose the machine in the Printers section.
3. Verify which printer driver is used. This can be found next to Kind.
If the AirPrint printer driver is chosen, please note some options are not available because AirPrint supports limited print functions.
If you cannot find some options in the Print dialog box, add the CUPS printer driver to your Macintosh as described below.
a. Choose Apple Menu => System Preferences => Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
b. Click the + button.
4. Click the Default icon which is located at the top of the dialog box.
5. Choose your machine from the Name list.
6. Make sure that "XXXXXXX + CUPS" is selected in the Use list. (Where XXXXXXX is your model name.)
If you cannot find the "XXXXXXX + CUPS", the CUPS printer driver is not installed. Go to the Downloads/support section from the printer manufacturer's website and download and install the latest CUPS printer driver.
7. Click Add.
8. The printer is now available in the Printers section.
9. Choose Quit System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
The above is an excerpt from the full support article provided by Brother Support, found here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.