After an OS or application update, you may need to re-enable certain app permissions for all features of the app to work. A common scenario for this is screen sharing not working in a meeting application after an update. In this example, we'll use Zoom, but the same steps can be applied to Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Slack, or any app that you may share your screen with.
1. From the Apple Menu, navigate to System Settings...
2. Go to Privacy & Security:
3. Go to Screen Recording:
4. Even if Screen Recording is switched "on" for the application you are troubleshooting, turn it off,
If the application running you will see the following prompt:
Select "Quit & Reopen" to allow the application to quit and re-open.
5. Turn Screen Recording back "on" for the application, you will be prompted to Quit & Reopen again, and once again allow the application to Quit & Reopen.
6. Test screen sharing within the app, it should now be working.
Please sign in to leave a comment.