A complete list of instructions can be found here, and the main points are below. Before you get to the steps however, you need to:
- Look for the Google Drive icon in your menu bar (Mac) or system tray (PC). If it is visible, proceed to step #1 below. If it is not visible, the Google Drive sync tool is either not running or it is not installed.
- Open the Applications folder on your Mac (Program Folders on Windows) and look for "Google Drive".
- If the application is present, double click to launch it.
- If the application is not present, stop here and contact Smart Sourced IT support.
Assuming Google Drive is running on your computer, proceed to the following steps.
- In your menu bar (Mac) or System Tray (PC), click the Google Drive Menu.
- Click Open Google Drive folder.
- Right-click the file or folder you want to save offline.
- Click Google Drive Available offline.
- Once your file is saved offline, you'll see a green check mark next to it.
Article is closed for comments.