As a Google administrator managing a fleet of enterprise-enrolled Chromebooks with device management licenses, you may be in the situation where you need to push an application to those managed devices. Follow the steps below for success:
1. Sign in to the Google Admin console
2. Go to "Devices" -> "Chrome" -> "Apps and Extensions" -> "Users and Browsers"
3. Select the organizational unit where the users are located
4. Click on the bottom right corner " + " and then select "Chrome Web Store" for chrome web apps, the "Google Play Store" for Android apps, or "Add URL" for specific webpages you want to pin.
5. 6. Search and add the app.
7. Select to "Force Install + PIN"
8. Save the changes
You can alternately choose to allow an app to be installed (instead of Force Install). Doing so means the app will be pre-approved by the admin, and the end-users can themselves download that app from the Chrome Webstore or the Google Play Store.
Article is closed for comments.