To set up your Outlook client to work with Gmail:
- Enable IMAP in Gmail
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2011. If you have just installed Outlook 2011 it will show in your Dock.
- If you see a Welcome to Outlook screen, click Add Account. Otherwise click Tools > Accounts > Add Accountfrom the Apple Menu bar.
- Click E-mail Account.
- Now we need to manually enter in our settings similar to the following.
- Enter your email address, password and user name.
- Select IMAP for type
- Incoming server : imap.gmail.com / Either 993 (ssl) or 143 (very infrequently 585 (ssl))
- Outgoing server : smtp.gmail.com / Either 25 or 465 (ssl) (very infrequently 2525)
- Click Add Account
- Click More Options.
- Use Incoming server info for Authentication
- Click OK
If you've entered everything in correctly, task will be completed successfully and you can close out of the window and begin using your account via Outlook 2011 mac.
Article is closed for comments.