To set up your Outlook client to work with Gmail:
- Enable IMAP in Gmail
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2011. If you have just installed Outlook 2011 it will show in your Dock.
- If you see a Welcome to Outlook screen, click Add Account. Otherwise click Tools > Accounts > Add Accountfrom the Apple Menu bar.
- Click E-mail Account.
- Now we need to manually enter in our settings similar to the following.
- Enter your email address, password and user name.
- Select IMAP for type
- Incoming server : imap.gmail.com / Either 993 (ssl) or 143 (very infrequently 585 (ssl))
- Outgoing server : smtp.gmail.com / Either 25 or 465 (ssl) (very infrequently 2525)
- Click Add Account
- Click More Options.
- Use Incoming server info for Authentication
- Click OK
If you've entered everything in correctly, task will be completed successfully and you can close out of the window and begin using your account via Outlook 2011 mac.