To configure Google Backup and Sync to start automatically, you will need make changes to settings in two locations. Please do the following:
- Open System Preferences by clicking the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Go to Users & Groups.
- Choose your nickname on the left and click the Login items tab. You will NOT need to click the Lock to make the change as Admin Rights on not required for these changes.
- Check Backup and Sync from Google.
- Close System Preferences.
- Go to Finder>Applications and double-click on Backup and Sync from Google. If you do not see Backup and Sync from Google listed in Applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should now see the Backup and Sync from Google icon in the upper-right corner of you screen.
- Click on the icon, then click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of your name and select Preferences.
- In Preferences, click on Settings and check Open Backup and Sync on System Startup and click OK.
- Restart your computer to confirm the Google Backup and Sync is running automatically at Startup.
- Please contact email@example.com to report any issues.
Please sign in to leave a comment.