Step 1: Add an address you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and the address you want to send from.
- Click Next Step Send verification.
- Click Add Account.
Step 2: Confirm the address
- Sign in to the account you added.
- Open the confirmation message you got from Gmail.
- Click the link.
Step 3: Change the "From" address
- In the message, click the "From" line.
(If you don't see this, click the space next to the recipient's email.)
- Select the address to send from.
This article was first published here.