If you have anything connected to this Chromebook (such as a mouse or external hard drive), remove it.
Enter recovery mode:
- Press and hold Esc + Refresh , then press Power . Let go of Power. When a message shows on the screen, let go of the other keys
- You'll see one of these messages:
- "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."
- "Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."
- Insert the USB flash drive or SD card that you used to create recovery media.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.