If you set up 2-Step Verification, you can use the Google Authenticator app to receive codes even if you don’t have an Internet connection or mobile service.
To use Google Authenticator on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you'll need:
- The latest operating system for your device
- 2-Step Verification turned on
- (optional to set up with QR code) iPhone 3G or later
Download the app
Set up the app
- Go to the security section of your Google Account.
- Under "Signing in to Google," tap 2-Step Verification.
- Under "Set up alternative second step," go to the "Authenticator app” section, and tap Set up.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
- To make sure it works, get a 6-digit code from your Authenticator app.
- Enter the code and tap Verify.
- If your code is correct, you'll see a confirmation.
- If your code is incorrect, try again.
Tip: If you’re still having trouble, you might want to verify that the time on your device is correct or read about common issues.
This article was originally published here.