Issue Description: In ChromeOS, PDF files you download from email or a webpage to your device are stored in the Files application (similar to Windows Explorer in Windows or Finder in macOS X). When those PDF files are clicked to be viewed, they should open in a Chrome browser tab on your Chromebook. Some users report that PDF files do not open when clicked.
Resolution: If PDF files do not open when clicked, do/check the following:
- Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook
- Click the three vertical dots on the top right side (settings)
- Click on "Privacy and Security" in the left menu
- Go to "Site Settings"
- Click on "Additional Content Settings" (at bottom of list)
- Click on PDF Documents
- Swich the setting for "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome" to off.