Purpose of this article: While Smart Sourced IT is not in the website development business, we often get asked (and sometimes we have to remind clients) about website security. The following list of tools can be run by anybody to check the integrity of their website. If you have any questions after running the tests, please contact our partners at Smack Happy Design for a consultation.
Sucuri - https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/
- Checks the overall security of a website
- Gives a range from Minimal to Critical
- Example of a medium score: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/smcsf.org
- You'll need to provide your email address
- Similar to Securi, but gives a grade and has a really nice report format
- Example of a bad score: https://www.upguard.com/instant-security-score/report?c=smcsf.org
Qualys SSL - https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html
- Takes a little while to run
- Gives several letter grades
Probely Security Headers - https://securityheaders.com/
- Gives a letter grade
- Worse score: https://securityheaders.com/?q=smcsf.org&followRedirects=on
For an in-depth review of the findings, schedule an appointment with Nicole Hanusek at Smack Happy Design. https://smackhappy.com/sign-up/
Article is closed for comments.