Using this method will allow the creation of a Google account without the need of a Google hosted email account.
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://accounts.google.com/newaccount?hl=en
- Once the page loads, click Use my current email address instead.
- Fill out the name fields with both your first and last names. In the "Your email address field," enter your current corporate email address. For our example, we are using firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter a unique password and click Next.
- Do not close the current tab. Instead, browse to your email in a new tab and open the email from Google titled "Verify your email address." With the email open, copy the security code.
- Switch back to the previous tab, paste the confirmation code, and click Next.
- Fill out the phone number, birth date, and gender fields followed by clicking Next.
- Verify the number listed on the screen is accurate and click Send.
- Enter the number received via text and click Verify.
- The following question is one of personal preference. Either select Skip or Yes, I'm in.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click I agree.
- That's it!
Please sign in to leave a comment.